I want my children to have the glow of Yara Shahidi.
The Blackish alum/ Grownish starlet is a girl that is in the business of creating joy for herself and I am here for it. In addition to getting my forever First Lady to write her a college recommendation letter, celebrating the beautiful relationship she has with her mother, and rallying other teens to register to vote– she also is very comfortable with loving on herself and just generating positivity overall.
- When she danced elegantly to trap music:
2. When she delivered the cutest, nerdiest freestyle in front of the world:
3. When she expressed her love for Kid Cudi, my favorite #sadboi:
4. When she flaunts her quirky, lovable fashion statements:
5. When she showed us how to protect our energy:
6. When she proved that tie-dye jeans could (and should?!) have a place in your closet:
7. When she showed us that to be clumsy is to be lovable:
8. When she showed us purple hair is a good life choice:
9. And, most importantly, when she showed us how to glow from the inside out: