Manage all production accounting functions for Marvel Animation Studios slate of projects and ensure compliance with financial internal control policies:
• Union Payroll
• Voice Actor Payroll
• Accounts Payable
• Journal Entries
• Weekly uploads to Marvel Corporate – Oracle
• Generate weekly cost reports
• Work with Marvel TVA Executives and Marvel Corporate to analyze potential savings or cost overages
• Weekly EFC variances
• Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly closing reports
• Monthly upload of cost reports to Marvel Corporate
• Work together with Marvel Animation executives and Marvel Corporate on project budgets for all TV Animation projects.
• New titles
• Additional Seasons
• Direct to Video projects
• Recent and relevant experience in TV Animation accounting. ( television or film audit experience is a plus)
• Experience with Film and/or Television budgeting & cost reporting. (Relevant TV Animation experience is a plus)
• Proficiency with entertainment accounting software (Vista & PSL), movie magic budgeting, Microsoft word and excel.
• Ability and willingness to manage all aspects of the accounting department (from filing to cost reporting)
• Experience in corporate accounting department a plus
• Proficient in establishing and maintaining effective financial internal controls
BA/BS in Accounting
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Animation, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Animation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
To apply for this job please visit www.entertainmentcareers.net.